PSC in the News
Board of Directors
Registration is Open!July 17-20, 2023
Registration is open for PSC Members and Non-members!
- We arranged for more rooms and locked in over 300 hotel rooms to be released on February 1st.
- Registration will close on June 1 or when we reach maximum team capacity.
- We encourage early registration as we will sell out this event.
Plan to join us for the 2023 Summer Showdown in Gatlinburg, TN.
- Format similar to 2021
- We have engaged Gatlinburg area Local, State and Federal law enforcement to join us in hosting this event
- We are focused to ensure high quality education and training sessions for Cadets and Mentors
- We guarantee a minimum of 4 events for each team- possibly more.
- The following events are planned (but not yet guaranteed) for 2023.
- Active Shooter Response
- Arrest and Search
- Burglary in Progress
- Force Options
- Bike Policing
- High Risk Traffic Stops
- Human Trafficking
- Officer Rescue
- Unknown Trouble
- Drill Team
- Public Safety Cadets will be offered a 30-day early registration period before other youth organizations.
- Opening event will be held the evening of July 17, 2023.
- Competitions will be held 0800-1700 July 18-19 and 0800-1500 July 20th.
- Awards Ceremony will be the evening of July 20th.
Annual Membership Renewal
Mentors now control your membership roster online by clicking 'Manage Members' through the Mentor Login.
Download procedures for Manage Members.
2023 Membership Dues are due January 1, 2023. Mentors should:
1. Update their Mentor and Cadet rosters online (you should keep your roster current throughout the year). Deactivate each member no longer active in your Unit by clicking the appropriate button on the Cadet/Mentor record.
2. Register active Mentors not on your online roster using this Membership page (blue button above)
3. Register active Cadets not on your online roster using Cadet Registration through the Mentor Login.
4. PSC emailed an invoice for Annual Membership Renewal on 11/28/2022 based upon members you show as active in our system. If you make member changes between the time of PSC generating the invoice and you paying annual dues, simply pay the correct amount and that will get applied to the members you show as active in our system.
5. Pay by Credit Card or Check using the Donate/Pay page under the Join/Donate tab (Describe what you are paying online in the comment box). When you pay online, you will receive a receipt acknowledging your payment sufficient for your records.
6. As each new Mentor or Cadet joins thereafter, register them online and pay the $15 membership online. Dues are for the calendar year and are not prorated.
-direct questions about the renewal process to Admin@PublicSafetyCadets.org
-only paid members register in the PSC online system are covered by PSC insurance
If you want to be part of a social movement.... join one!
Come join a new, national nonprofit organization established to mentor youth (Cadets), ages 14-20, to serve their communities by providing knowledge, skills, and practical experiences through education and training delivered by public safety professionals (Mentors) that build character, physical fitness and respect for the rule of law and human and civil rights.
Each registration includes a free Public Safety Cadets patch and free liability and supplemental accident insurance coverage for the calendar year for which Membership Dues have been paid. Liability Insurance and Supplemental Accident Insurance provided by Cincinnati Specialty & Philadelphia Indemnity Company.
The individual registration dues for Cadet or Mentor is $15. Annual Unit Registration Dues are $20.
Public Safety Cadets is a totally new, national non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia founded and managed by active or retired law enforcement officers and business leaders dedicated to preparing young adults for careers and leadership in the public safety profession.
Although formed with a law enforcement centric career focus, future development of other public safety career sectors will include Fire-Rescue, Emergency Medical Services, Corrections, Cyber and Forensic Sciences as well as Critical Incident Management.
- Mentor training
- Unit program accreditation
- Youth Safety Training program for all participants
- Academic credits for community service
- Building a recruitment pipeline and pathway for employment
- Reasonable membership dues ($15 for Individual, $20 for each Unit)
- Liability Insurance and Supplemental Accident Insurance
- Local input and full transparency
- State and regional associations encouraged (state association presidents will be ex-officio members of the national committee)
- Advisory Board of distinguished law enforcement and public safety professionals
We welcome your input and look to you as partners in this new opportunity to reach out to young adults interested in careers in public safety. Your comments and suggestions are vital to the development of successful Public Safety Cadets’ policies and programs in order to benefit you, your agency and the youth of your community.
Exciting events upcoming include Public Safety Cadets National Competitive Training Conference. Watch the Events page for more details.
Please contact us at: info@PublicSafetyCadets.org with your comments and suggestions. We need your input! Pass this website on to a colleague.
We welcome you to join an exciting new organization and opportunity to provide a program focused on the youth of your community and the future of our great nation.
Best wishes and be safe,
Director and Founding President
Public Safety Cadets