As the year draws to a close it is time to reflect on our success in 2021 and plan for 2022. Public Safety Cadets had a great year rebuilding after Covid, Cadet Units reignited their programs and many participated in a successful Summer Showdown National Competitive Training Conference in Gatlinburg last July. PSC continues to grow with over 200 units in 39 states as planning begins for another National Leadership Academy for competitively selected Cadets next summer in Washington DC.For 2022 we are pleased to announce that Membership Renewals are totally online. All active paid Mentors have received an email announcing the new 'Manage Members' feature available through your Mentor login. Our communities across this great nation continue to face numerous challenges and we deeply thank our Mentors for all of the hard work, long hours, support and sacrifice they do that truly makes a difference in their Cadets’ lives. Recruiting and retaining qualified public safety officers remains a critical challenge and PSC Mentors are key to the solution through their outreach and mentoring to the youth of their communities. The Public Safety Cadets Board of Directors, National Committee and volunteers wish you a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Prosperous Happy New Year!
Annual Membership Renewal
Mentors now control your membership roster online through the Mentor Login by clicking 'Manage Members'. Download guide to Manage Members.
2022 Membership Dues are due on January 1, 2022 Mentors should:
1. Update their Mentor and Cadet rosters online (you should keep your roster current throughout the year).
2. Register active Mentors not on your online roster using this Membership page (blue button)
3. Register active Cadets not on your online roster using Cadet Registration through the Mentor Login.
4. PSC sent an invoice for Annual Membership Renewal prior to January 1st based upon members you show as active.
5. Pay by Credit Card or Check using the Donate/Pay page under the Join/Donate tab (Describe what you are paying online in the comment box).
6. As each new Mentor or Cadet joins thereafter, register them online and pay the $15 membership online.
-direct questions about the renewal process to Admin@PublicSafetyCadets.org
The best in the nation youth law enforcement have been chosen at the Summer Showdown National Competitive Training Conference (NCTC) in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
This event brought Cadets and Mentors together from throughout the country to learn more about critical topics gripping the law enforcement profession today. During the NCTC, Cadets demonstrated their knowledge, skills and abilities in a competitive training environment to better prepare them to assume critical roles as the public safety officers of tomorrow. Trophies, medals and prizes recognized superlative performance and achievements. READ DETAILS
We are in a National Crisis of too few law enforcement and laws are ineffective without enforcement. Listen to this podcast to see how Public Safety Cadets is helping: https://omny.fm/shows/law-enforcement-today/public-safety-cadets-a-win-win-for-teens-parents-a
If you want to be part of a social movement.... join one!
Come join a new, national nonprofit organization established to mentor youth Cadets, ages 14-20, to serve their communities by providing knowledge, skills, and practical experiences through education and training delivered by public safety professionals (Mentors) that build character, physical fitness and respect for the rule of law and human and civil rights.
Each registration includes a free Public Safety Cadets patch and free liability and supplemental accident insurance coverage for the calendar year for which Membership Dues have been paid. Liability Insurance and Supplemental Accident Insurance provided by Cincinnati Specialty & Philadelphia Indemnity Company.
The individual registration dues for Cadet or Mentor is $15. Annual Unit Registration Dues are $20.
Public Safety Cadets is a totally new, national non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia founded and managed by active or retired law enforcement officers and business leaders dedicated to preparing young adults for careers and leadership in the public safety profession.
Although formed with a law enforcement centric career focus, future development of other public safety career sectors will include Fire-Rescue, Emergency Medical Services, Corrections, Cyber and Forensic Sciences as well as Critical Incident Management.
- Mentor training
- Unit program accreditation
- Youth Safety Training program for all participants
- Academic credits for community service
- Building a recruitment pipeline and pathway for employment
- Reasonable membership dues ($15 for Individual, $20 for each Unit)
- Liability Insurance and Supplemental Accident Insurance
- Local input and full transparency
- State and regional associations encouraged (state association presidents will be ex-officio members of the national committee)
- Advisory Board of distinguished law enforcement and public safety professionals
We welcome your input and look to you as partners in this new opportunity to reach out to young adults interested in careers in public safety. Your comments and suggestions are vital to the development of successful Public Safety Cadets’ policies and programs in order to benefit you, your agency and the youth of your community.
Exciting events for 2021 include Public Safety Cadets National Competitive Training Conference. Watch for Events page for more details.
Please contact us at: info@PublicSafetyCadets.org with your comments and suggestions. We need your input! Pass this website on to a colleague.
We welcome you to join an exciting new organization and opportunity to provide a program focused on the youth of your community and the future of our great nation.
Best wishes and be safe,
Public Safety Cadets