PSC in the News
Board of Directors
Plan to join us for the 2023 Summer Showdown in Gatlinburg, TN.
- Format similar to 2021
- We have engaged Gatlinburg area Local, State and Federal law enforcement to join us in hosting this event
- We are focused to ensure high quality education and training sessions for Cadets and Mentors
- Hundreds of hotel rooms have been set aside in Gatlinburg for our event- room block information will be released February 1, 2023
- When registration opens February 1st, we will guarantee a minimum number of events for each team
- The following events are planned (but not yet guaranteed) for 2023. Changes will be announced as these are confirmed.
Come visit us at the IACP in Dallas
- Booth 6124 in the Exhibition Hall
- Board of Directors meeting, Monday the 17th 8-10am, Omni Hotel, room Dallas F
HSI Student Volunteer Program Internship Opportunity for Public Safety Cadets (Immediate Action Required)
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) is offering Student Volunteer Program Internships in their Chicago office. The internships would start in February 2023. The Student Volunteer Program (SVP) allows students to explore career options as well as develop personal and professional skills. Students will be exposed to the HSI work environment and will learn about the mission and responsibilities of various HSI components and programs. Additionally, selected applicants will be involved in professional projects and work activities related to their academic studies; including investigative assistance, special projects, and administrative duties. The SVP positions are unpaid and will be assigned to either the HSI Chicago or HSI O’Hare International Airport office.
Click below for application materials. Only completed applications received by the deadline, September 2, 2022,
will be considered. Applicant must be at least 18 years old and enrolled in an accredited college/university, trade school, graduate or professional school among additional qualifications listed in the attached. Interested individuals that have any questions can contact a HSI recruiter at the following email address: HSIChicagoRecruiter@ice.dhs.gov
with any questions.
Remember, you must submit your application materials no later than midnight on September 01, 2022. Check with your local HSI office for additional internships available.
Public Safety Cadets
our fallen officers
with Colors and
duringNational Police Week
If you want to be part of a social movement.... join one!
Come join a new, national nonprofit organization established to mentor youth Cadets, ages 14-20, to serve their communities by providing knowledge, skills, and practical experiences through education and training delivered by public safety professionals (Mentors) that build character, physical fitness and respect for the rule of law and human and civil rights.
Each registration includes a free Public Safety Cadets patch and free liability and supplemental accident insurance coverage for the calendar year for which Membership Dues have been paid. Liability Insurance and Supplemental Accident Insurance provided by Cincinnati Specialty & Philadelphia Indemnity Company.
The individual registration dues for Cadet or Mentor is $15. Annual Unit Registration Dues are $20.
Public Safety Cadets is a totally new, national non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia founded and managed by active or retired law enforcement officers and business leaders dedicated to preparing young adults for careers and leadership in the public safety profession.
Although formed with a law enforcement centric career focus, future development of other public safety career sectors will include Fire-Rescue, Emergency Medical Services, Corrections, Cyber and Forensic Sciences as well as Critical Incident Management.
- Mentor training
- Unit program accreditation
- Youth Safety Training program for all participants
- Academic credits for community service
- Building a recruitment pipeline and pathway for employment
- Reasonable membership dues ($15 for Individual, $20 for each Unit)
- Liability Insurance and Supplemental Accident Insurance
- Local input and full transparency
- State and regional associations encouraged (state association presidents will be ex-officio members of the national committee)
- Advisory Board of distinguished law enforcement and public safety professionals
We welcome your input and look to you as partners in this new opportunity to reach out to young adults interested in careers in public safety. Your comments and suggestions are vital to the development of successful Public Safety Cadets’ policies and programs in order to benefit you, your agency and the youth of your community.
Exciting events upcoming include Public Safety Cadets National Competitive Training Conference. Watch for Events page for more details.
Please contact us at: info@PublicSafetyCadets.org with your comments and suggestions. We need your input! Pass this website on to a colleague.
We welcome you to join an exciting new organization and opportunity to provide a program focused on the youth of your community and the future of our great nation.
Best wishes and be safe,
Director and Founding President
Public Safety Cadets